Black Swan

So I went to see the black swan yesterday. I still don’t know how I feel about the movie, and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Besides the gruesome details and blood, which I particularly don’t care for. And the provocation of showing a lesbian sex scene, which was very lifelike, I have never seen Natalie Portman this excited. This movie went deeper than I could have imagined. The perfectionism Nina (Natalie Portman) dealt with was unbearable. I really felt for her, I believe we all have a white and a black swan inside us. And from what the movie taught me, I know we should make sure they get along. Although the movie portrays the ballet industry as an stressful world of only being able to eat half a grapefruit a day and bulimia, it left me with the desire to dance again. I started ballet when I was three, I wore my pink tutu and I loved it!  I wanted to be a prima ballerina, in that time also wanted to be a Christmas tree. Both my dreams failed, but I must admit, I still love the sweet style of ballet. I probably won’t start dancing again, but the movie did inspire my new spring/summer wardrobe collage. Don't you just love the romance in this style? Based on the white swan of course, I believe that the black swan will influence this seasons look just like dance has influenced fashion for years.

2 comments:

  1. awww i love this post aranka!! soo true! :D thanks for follow my blog!!
    follow back of course!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post :) I saw the movie and had similar feelings as U ... x

    ReplyDelete